As featured on episode 204 of Herndon Farmer’s Market with Tooran K. Shadmand.
Special thanks to Santa Cruz Produce and McCleaf’s Orchard for donating produce for this episode and The Lamb’s Quarter for donating eggs.
Episode Recipe: Egg Fritata
1 medium eggplant (any kind)
1 medium tomato, red & yellow (?)
1 medium green pepper, red, yellow
1 medium onion
1 small shallot
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1. Chop all veggies (Kale, onion, shallot, eggplant, garlic, peppers)
2. Heat a large non-stick pan
3. Add butter and extra virgin olive oil to the pan
4. Saute all the vegetables for about 5 minutes
5. Add Salt and Pepper (?)
6. Add chop tomatoes to pan simmer for 5 minutes
7. Crack eight eggs and beat in a bowl
8. Pour beaten eggs over the saute vegetables
9. Cover and cook on low medium for 8 minutes or until the dish is cooked.